The DeckViews Mod adds 10 new on-deck camera views for the carrier.
2. Usage / Installation
This version 1.0 of the mod is intended for use with game version 1.6
To install the mod you will need to copy the deckviews folder into your Carrier Command Gaea Mission directory. The file path to the mod should be something like below but may vary depending on your install:
Click ok to save the changes to the shortcut and now when you run the game via this shortcut it will run with deckviews mod enabled.
Press C to cycle between the different camera views and look around with the mouse.
To return to normal 3rd person view of carrier just left click the mouse or cycle back to it with the C key.
3. Known issues
Some minor flicker when switching in and out of map while in a deckview
When you switch to a carrier turret from deck view (using key bind) you need to left click to fire and switch to turret view - if there's a way to detect when carrier turret is being controlled this can be improved
4. Credits & Thanks
Special credit to Species1571 whose camera work in DeadlyIslands mod helped me in creating this mod.
- Hud elements are now hidden on deck views for more scenic views
- Mouse sensitivity in deck views changed to match rest of game
- Can now cycle backwards through views by pressing X key
- Other general improvements to the deckview implementation
- Default viewing angles are now used for better orientation when switching between views
- Smoother mouselook on deck views
- Remembers last deck view used