Unit balance mod Information
A small mod that balances a lot of small numbers in the game relating to unit speed, maneuverability and strength.
Unit balance modby
1. DescriptionA small mod that balances a lot of small numbers in the game relating to unit speed, maneuverability and strength. Walruses are fun to drive now!
Recently added a few more tweaks.
2. Usage / InstallationYou will need to have the game patched to the 1.07.0023 beta.
Unzip the folder into the same directory as 'carrier.exe':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\soundmodCreate a shortcut to carrier.exe with this added to the end of the 'target' line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\carrier.exe" -mod balancemod
* Fixed a bug I introduced in the campaign which would cause the client to crash just before the air chase after the battle of Thermopylae.
* Doubled the damage output from the prototype gatling gun in the air chase sequence.
* Increased the hitpoints of most carrier repair zones by x2. Enemy carrier armour points increased by 50%
* Walrus and island defence flak guns fire twice as fast but deal half the damage, and spread the shells 80% more than before.
* Increased the hitpoints of all variations of APA soldiers by a lot (from 1.5 to 15, 20 & 25).
* Reduced the ammo capacity of the "120mm AT CANNON" ("HEAT" in standard parlance) to 50(75 with ammo box).
* Normalised the repair times for mantas and walruses of all types to be slightly faster than medium unit repair.
* Increased the speed of medium and heavy walruses a little more (10%-15%).
* In the gaea campaign, you are now also given the walrus scanner and scout drone blueprints when you are given control of the carrier's production facilities.
* Reduced the player's personal shield hitpoints by another 15%. Use cover
* The carrier AA laser blueprints are given to the player after victory at Fulcrum.
* Renamed the walrus quadgun to "QUAD 12.7mm AA".
* Renamed the walrus flak gun to "23mm FLAK GUN".
* Greatly increased the hitpoints of APA droids and soldiers, which now provide more of a challenge (look out!)
* Reduced the player shield hitpoints in FPS sections by 15%.
* Increased the hitpoints on command centres by x8 (it was far too easy to take the CC).
* Increased the damage from the hammerhead to make sure you can still nuke a hardened CC in one shot.
* Added a 20mm Vulcan autocannon at tech level 4 for the manta based on the prototype gatling gun from the campaign, but much less damage and ammo (roughly 40% increase over the manta gatling guns). It's also a separate weapon system, so won't interfere with the campaign.
* Slightly increased the production time and cost of the manta plasgun.
* Reduced the resource cost to build all items by 25% across the board.
* Reduced the rate of fire of walrus flak guns by 25%.
* Fixed the reverse speed of medium mantas.
* Reduced agility of the light manta a little (but still much better than standard).
* Renamed manta and walrus gatling guns to 'miniguns' (because its compact).
* Reduced carrier acceleration a little.
* Fixed a bug where the walrus shield and green laser blueprints wouldn't appear in the strategy game.
* Reduced the cost and build time of the manta bomb by 25%, and renamed to '500kg bomb'.
* Added the new carrier AA laser turrets to the mod and named them so you can tell which is which.
* Added the new walrus shield to the mod.
* The walrus green laser now shows up in the classic campaign at tech level 4 - called 'heavy laser (walrus)'.
* Increased the rate of fire of the walrus machine gun by 15% and included a new firing sound (from my sound mod).
* Manta rockets fire three times faster, but deal a third of their regular damage.
* Manta rockets hold 14 shots, 22 with ammo box.
* Updated names of most of the weapons, mostly so you can tell the difference between walrus and manta missiles etc, but also for more flavour.
* Reduced production time and cost of the manta hook.
* Reduced the build time and cost on scout drones. The carrier can now hold up to 5 of them.
* Reduced the build time and cost on walrus and manta scanners, and the carrier can hold 8.
(Please note these changes require a restart of the game to take effect)
* Increased all manta top speeds and maneuverability by 25%
* Reduced manta shield max health by 50%
* Increased defensive drone speeds by x4.
* Increased health of walruses by 25%
* Increased the speed of all walruses by 25%
* Reduced duration and power of afterburners/turbo by 30%
* Reduced manta gatling ammo from 800 to 500. Ammo box takes it to 800.
* Reduced manta plasma ammo from 100 to 50. Ammo box takes it to 100.
* Reduced manta laser ammo from 600 to 500. Ammo box takes it to 1000.
* Increased walrus machine gun base ammo from 400 to 600.
* Reduced camera shake on walrus gatling gun.
* Reduced camera shake on carrier quadguns.
* Reduced camera shake on walrus machine gun.
* Doubled the travel speed of plasma 'shells'.
* Increased hitpoints on carrier offensive weapon by x4
* Increased hitpoints on carrier defensive weapons by 50%
* Walrus & manta plasma cannons produce heat and can shut down.
* Halved the fuel use for carrier repairs, and doubled repair time.