New Carrier Logos Information
A graphic mod that lets you pick a different emblem for your Carrier.
No additional requirements
New Carrier Logosby
1. Description:If you're like me and you don't give a damn for all the Gaea Universe stuff in the Campaign, you may wish to give your Carrier a more personal touch (namely by replacing the boring UEC Eagle/Cheese Wedge symbol on the ship's outriggers). So here's a selection of different emblems you can pick from:
- 01 - A big number '01'. This actually is in the game's files. Functional if a bit dull.
- Skull - Because nothing says 'Badass' like a big scary cyber-skull. Bet the enemy Walruses are soiling their transaxles already.
- Hammerhead - An adorable tribute to everyone's favourite cruise missile.
- No Logo - Literally that. Gives your carrier the clean look. Saves a little texture memory too.
- Vintage - Because who doesn't love retro?
- HK - Know no fear on these hostile waters.
Before anyone asks, I'd love to do some for the enemy carrier, but as that damn APA logo appears in the cutscene when you sink it, I can't feel right about it. If only they'd done the sinking in-engine *sigh*.
2. Usage / Installation:Multiple choices so a little thought needed.
1. Drop the 'obj' folder into your game directory: probably something like
X:\Steam\Steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaia Missionor
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Carrier Command Gaea Missionor the equivalent folder if you're incorporating it into a mod.
This will give you a clean carrier skin with no pre-textured insignia.
2. Pick your logo from the other folders: each contains a file named uec_carrier_insignia_ca.dds - this file goes into the folder obj/vehicles/carrier.
This will become your carrier's emblem on the engine outriggers.
Back up any original files you don't want overwritten by these ones, of course.
This version has been tested in version 1.6.0011 of the Steam edition, at resolution 1680x1050. I have no idea if it works correctly at other resolutions or other releases, but have no reason to believe it won't.
I make mods with the Strategy game in mind: if they don't work with the Campaign, frankly I don't care. So be warned.
- first release