Combined Mod Pack Information
This mod aims to provide a tweaked database file along with my existing mods to enhance vanilla gameplay.
Table of Content:
No additional requirements
Combined Mod Packby
1. Description:This is a mod pack containing several currently released minimods combined; GripMod2 and NoFilmGrain along with database tweaks to improve gameplay.
- Improved Walrus handling and grip. Walrus traction is greatly increased and will allow climbing of all but the most vertical of slopes.
- Removes the annoying film grain effect and eliminates the general "fuzziness" from the whole game including the main menu.
- Camera Drone now 300 credits, build time reduced by 33%
- 50% Health Warning on all vehicles, was 25%
- Slowed and matched enemy carrier to player carrier, increased acceleration and deceleration times on both.
- Changes various projectile properties to make them slower and have a higher spread. Mostly Heat, Shells, Artillery, Howitzer and Grenade.
This translates to more realistic shots and less of that instant hit from miles away.
2. Usage / Installation:Unzip the files into your Carrier Command: Gaea Mission folder, making sure that only one DCMP folder exists.
If you have the steam version, your game is in "Steam\steamapps\common\Carrier Command Gaea Mission\".
You will need to create a shortcut to your carrier.exe file, then right click on the shortcut and select Properties and add the command -mod DCMP to the Target box, like this:
-mod DCMPLaunch the game using the shortcut.[/indent]
3. Deadly Islands DatabaseHere is a version of the dxexport file with the additional changes from Deadly Islands, just replace the dxexport.bin file in the deadlyislands/db folder with this one. The other folders from the tweak mod can be copied into the deadlyislands folder without problems.
Download: Tweakmod for deadly islands
4. NotesIf you want to use parts of this mod, please ask but it should be no problem. Thank you.
- Updated files to latest beta 1.07.0023.
- Increased Walrus grip.
- No Film grain.
- Carrier speeds equalised and slowed.
- Price adjustments for drones.
- Ongoing Artillery and Arcing shot improvements. Howitzer and heavy artillery needs testing.
- Ongoing projectile tweaks.
- New Battle music.
- New Timewarp music.
- New Jukebox music system.
- Faster Walruses and Mantas.
- Small max height adjustment for medium(290) and heavy(280) Mantas.
- Rewrote mod to incorporate all official updates up to 1.7.0023.
- Readjusted Grip
- Changed DB adjustments to XML format.
- Any changes to carriers, mantas or walruses outside of Walrus Grip have been removed to avoid conflicts with other mods. Also I felt that too many mods were doing similar things.
- Music now plays in a jukebox style, randomising track selection for some variation.
- Ambient music now plays at all islands and will repeat on each visit.
- New timewarp music.
- New Battle music.
- New Ambient music in the Strategy game based on various songs from the soundtracks. Each island zone has it's own theme which was carefully selected by me and may include more in the future as I expand this feature.**
** This modifies the ccgame.c file which will be incompatible with anything that uses this file. However it is based around a section which I believe has been untouched so far and may be "Mixed" using the mod mixer. This has to be tested.
- Further tweaks to Manta and Walrus Top speeds.
- Reduced Walrus water speed so it is not unrealistic.
- Tightened Artillery spreads a small amount.
- Increased speed of Shell and HEAT weapons by 20%.
- Decreased Grenade spread by 16%. Decreased Grenade speed by 20%
- Improved speed on Mantas and Walruses
- Greater Turning ability on AI controlled walruses, allowing for tighter turns.
- Reduced weights on Manta cargo allowing for quicker hook deployments.
- first release